Friday, April 9, 2010

Final Day On Silent Arrow, First on Iron Horn

Early this morning I started the final detailing on SILENT ARROW. About 10 am I left one clay and started the final detailing on IRON HORN. I spent the day fixing pings and dings in the clay. It's been in the Mountain Trails Gallery for a year and a half. So to say there was some damage is an understatement. Fortunately I had lots of extra clay bead strings, that I made almost 2 years ago to patch it up. Tomorrow, Saturday, I should be able to finish IRON HORN.



Final Photographs.


2 comments:

Diane Rubio said...

Hi David, this is Danny & Diane from Maui - circus polynesia / bird sculptor. Love your new sculptures! It's been a while but still think of you and will be following you more. Back into my bird sculpting and will be doing some paintings as well. Love your video, your work never ceases to amaze me. Always so entertaining! I'll be trying to keep in touch a little more. Have been so busy with crazy circus job! Aloha, Danny & Diane

Maggie Thornton said...

David, do I understand correctly that you did these two pieces a couple of years ago, and not you are going to cast them? A you know, I don't always understand the process.

Both of these are so beautifully detailed. As always, I am awestruck.