Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Clay To Bronze - Special Two Videos Showing The Process

In these two videos I try to show how a clay is molded with Latex Rubber, then a wax poured from that mold is then prepared for a ceramic mold and finally the wax melted from that ceramic mold and bronze is then poured into the cavity in the ceramic mold. Making a finished bronze. Like all these pieces, these two video are the result of 5 months of photography and video. I did this to help you to understand the whole process.
It's a fascinating journey and I hope you'll enjoy this presentation.

PART 1 MAKING THE RUBBER MOLD, WAX, AND CERAMIC MOLD



PART 2 CASTING THE BRONZE. MADE FROM THE CERAMIC MOLD.



Photographs from the video





3 comments:

Angela Swedberg said...

Great videos David. Thanks again for your sharing them. Adds much to the understanding of what is behind the art!

Hope your feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Boy, did that take me back to the foundry. I did all of that and the mig welding to patina, crates and advertising.
I did not pour the bronze, bein a girl and all that!!!
Sheila

Unknown said...

My sincerest thanks to you for sharing all the information you do. I am the same age as you, never had the opportunity to study, just had to work with what I was born with. But now, thanks to you, I feel I will be able to make and leave a bronze for children and grandchildren. Have worked in ceramic clay but now a new adventure! There are no words to tell you how wonderful your work is! Good health, sweet dreams to you.